Join board-certified Dermatologist Dr. Angela Wingfield and The Dermatology Clinic team for “Stylists Against Skin Cancer,” an educational event for local South Mississippi Hair Stylists. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime, but if detected early and treated quickly, skin cancer is curable. Because hair professionals see the entire scalp, they can find growths on the scalp that clients might not see. Help us save lives and gain the following awareness:
- Learn to recognize the warning signs and symptoms of common scalp skin cancers and other skin diseases
- Learn basic ways to look for scalp skin cancer
- Discuss when and how to refer your clients to a Dermatologist for further investigation
- Learn how to approach clients about skin abnormalities in a way that promotes positive attitudes towards visiting a doctor with any concerns
- Discuss effective preventive measures for skin cancers, including patient education resources
In addition, we will discuss TED Hair Restoration, our latest service option for the treatment of hair loss!
All attendees will receive a welcome gift and be entered in a drawing to win a $1,300 Spa and Cosmetic gift package including a Diamondglow Facial, 75 units of Dysport, a syringe of Restylane Filler and the ZO Skin Health Daily Skincare Program!
Light refreshments will be served.
This event is for professional stylists only. Attendees must register on Eventbrite. This is a FREE event.