Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is an in-office treatment that uses a handheld device to create small, painless, controlled injuries into the skin from tiny sterile needles. These small injuries initiate a wound healing response to be able use our body’s own natural healing abilities to create new collagen and elastin.
As we age our body stops producing its own collagen and elastin. By creating small pin prick injuries with the MicroPen, we are initiating a wound healing cascade. This encourages your body to produce its own collagen and elastin, as the skins response to injury is to form new collagen rich tissue. This new collagen formation helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, and large pores just to name a few.
- Superficial fine lines
- Uneven texture
- Mild acne scarring
- Surgical Scars
- Sun Damage
- Enlarged Pores
- Uneven Tone
- Stretch Marks
Face, neck and chest are the most popular treatment areas; however, you can also treat scars and stretchmarks on the body.
1-1.5 hours. When you arrive to your appointment, we will apply a strong topical numbing ointment that will sit for 30-45 minutes prior to your treatment to maximize comfort. The microneedling treatment itself usually takes about 30-45 minutes. Once the treatment is completed you skin will be cleansed, a hydrating serum and SPF will be applied.
A series of 3 treatments is always recommended for the best results. We space these treatments 4-6 weeks apart.
Yes! We have a few options to add on with your microneedling to enhance your results.
Also known as platelet rich plasma. This is where we draw your own blood, spin it down, and extract the plasma from the blood drawn. We then use the plasma during the microneedling treatment. Our plasma is full of growth factors which help produce collagen and elastin as well as speed up healing time post procedure.
ZO BrightAlive Accelerated Serum
This is a topical serum that can be purchased to apply to the treatment area immediately post procedure, and is sent home with the patient to continue to apply at home twice a day after. This is packed full of brightening ingredients as well as soothing ingredients and is a great option for anyone with melasma, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, or overall uneven skin tone.
Very minimal to none. I know the thought of tiny needles may sound scary, but we promise our microneedling is not painful at all. With our amazing topical numbing most patients don’t feel anything during the treatment. Some areas of thinner skin, like the forehead are slightly uncomfortable, but completely tolerable.
1-2 days. Redness is normal immediately post treatment but will resolve in 12-24 hours. Some patients experience dryness for a few days.
We ask that no make-up be worn for 24 hours post procedure.
With the Micropen Evo you can start seeing results as soon as a few days after your treatment! Your skin will have a nice glow to it and feel bright and tighter. You body continues to produce collagen and elastin for up to 6 months after.
Once you complete your series of microneedling maintenance treatments are recommended to maintain results. Depending on the patient and skin condition maintenance treatments are recommended anywhere from 3 months to 18 months after completing your initial series of treatments. As always medical grade skin care and sun protection are essential to achieve as well as maintain the best results.
- We ask that you discontinue any topical retinoids 1-3 days prior to your microneedling session.
- If you are prone to coldsores or fever blisters an antiviral medication may be prescribed.
- Gentle skin care is recommended for a few days post treatment. You will be given detailed written post care instructions at your consultation as well.
- Avoid makeup 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid retinoids or any physical or chemical exfoliants such as AHA/BHA or exfoliating scrubs.
- o Make sure to wear a mineral/physical SPF of 30-50 every day.
- Microneedling is unique in that is does not use heat to make a controlled injury. This means that it is safe for all skin types, without the risk of hyper or hypopigmentation that some lasers carry.
- The MicroPen is also unique in the delivery system of the needle injury. Compared to other devices on the market, the MicroPen creates an injury without damaging or dragging the surrounding skin tissue. This means faster results and less downtime compared to other popular microneedling devices.
Generally speaking, any patient seeking to improve the overall texture and tone of their skin with minimal downtime is a candidate for microneedling.
- Active acne
- History of keloid scarring
- Current Isotretinoin (Accutane) use
- Pass Christian